Carolina is a software utility that converts existing Base SAS® language code into Java. The resulting Java programs can be immediately executed using the Java Runtime Environment across the enterprise or used for further development and maintenance.
Carolina is the only automated solution that integrates Base SAS scripts in an operational, web-based applications. Carolina also is the only solution today that will run SAS programs in-database today.
What It Is
- a Java application with command-line interface.
- a Java code generator from Base SAS. Hardware platform independent.
- a Base SAS replacement for the deployent and integration of SAS programs and scripts.
- a legacy Base SAS migration tool.
- a Base SAS syntax tree (multiple language outputs possible).
What It Is Not
Carolina is not:
- a desktop analytical tool.
- an Interactive Development Environment (IDE).
- a Base SAS clone or a third-party alternative Base SAS interpreter, like WPS.
- a systems integration exercise.
Carolina’s minimum requirement is a system with Java Runtime Environment 5.0 update 11 or later pre-installed.